New Year´s Eve is a good time to thank and think! Right? So here is a list of my own Thank and Think of 2011!
THANK: moments, songs and people I am thankful for.
– The amazing opportunity of living all the 365 days of the day: Some of they were amazing others not that much, some full of joy and other full of tears but all of them I was alive, breathing and trying to learn as much as I could from every second.
“Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
Lamentations 3: 22-24
– Opportunities to Serve: This year I´ve been blessed with the opportunity to serve with my abilities and talents through my career at my amazing job (can you tell I love it?). I was able to serve children, their families and their communities from my desk and at the field, moments I love. I also got the opportunity to serve at church again with worship and worship with youth adults. Singing with really good musicians and true worshipers with HOREB GOSPEL CHOIR and other good friends. But most of all I serve God with all these!
– New friends: If you are a regular reader of my blog (THANKS!!) you know I don’t like people coming in and out of my life but this year I have been blessed with the great gift of new friendships of my the TUESDAY GATHER group, the BOLIVIA BLOGGERS, the WORSHIP TEAM at church and so many other friends from all over the world. I have been so blessed!
– My family: I WOULD NEVER CHANGE THEM! I love every one of them, they thought me courage, unconditional love, help me dream and keep dreaming, made my days bright with a text on my phone call or just giving me the opportunity to be part of their lives! I pray that we can all be together in eternity.
– Strength to reaming running: I am thankful to God for allowing me to keep running the faith race. He has held me from the hand, lifted me up when I fail, whispered my name when I try to walk away and carried me on his shoulder when I was broken. I like to believe that every sunset was there to keep me going and letting me know that is on his strength I can keep going.
“Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
Philipians 3:12 -14
THINK: goals, dreams and actions to take.
– Put my faith in real action: I have decided to start sponsoring a kid in my own country. I truly believe that there is much more than just praying to show God´s love in this fallen world and this is one way! I am sure I can´t change the world but I can support someone´s world and help it change.
– One more step: I have been blessed with the opportunity to serve in worship by singing at the choir we started some years ago, with the worship team on Sundays and in all the worship nights I have organized or been invited to participate singing. Now I am taking one more step…I WILL LEARN TO PLAY THE GUITAR!! And hopefully “it’s never too late” will be true in this action of faith (because I am lame!).
– Add adventure to life: I love traveling I have been doing that a lot for work but this year I will add some trips just for fun. I am thinking at least one of these: Biking death road, visiting the Salt Flats in Uyuni (the touristic tour) or just backpacking for some weeks ;).
– Balance: As stupid as it sounds I need to get balance between work and life! Hopefully this year it will happen!
– Love: Well…I know you can´t plan this but I will keep praying for God´s will be done about this in my life and trusting you are coming my way –not much else to say!
2011 has been a crazy year full of so many things I am thankful off; even the bad things have become a blessing. So while I expect a 2012 full of joy, love, hope and many many dreams becoming true I want to remain myself (and to you) that this life is just an INBETWEEN and there is so much more to come on eternity. MAY THE LORD BLESS YOUR NEW YEAR and mine! And let’s never forget that our portion is Christ!
“My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.”